|June 8, 2009
The Grand Slams are everything in professional tennis, and EA’s new tennis series is no different. Players can only play at Wimbledon in only one videogame. All four Grand Slam tournaments are held there, including the Australian Open, Roland Garros, Wimbledon, and the exciting U.S. Open.
- Move your racket like a Grand Slam victor: Play tennis the way it was intended to be played from the comfort of your living room by hitting a variety of strokes, including topspin, slices, flats, lobs, and drop shots.
- Grand Slam Career: For the first time, gamers can now attempt the elusive Grand Slam, which has only been won by a small number of professionals. Take on the numerous skill and legend challenges to give your customized player greater skills.
- Authenticity: Featuring playing styles that are accurate to the players in the game and Grand Slam locations that appear as if they belong there. The Grand Slams’ actual audio was captured and used in the game.
- Everyone Can Play Tennis Depending on how easy or difficult people want their gaming experience to be. Use the Wii remote to concentrate on where the ball goes, or connect the Nunchuk to manage your player’s movement as well as their shots.
- One of the first games to use the new Wii MotionPlus, the experience is further improved with the addition of shot depth and accurate ball placement on the court. Additionally, racket rotation is recognized, allowing you to spin your stick like a pro.
- Social Tennis Party: With many players having a good time and remaining active, an exciting tennis game atmosphere comes to life. Seven essential Tennis Academy-inspired games can be used to create a total of twelve party games.
- Online* Connection: Play singles and doubles online against different players. Every victory raises your nation’s position on the global leaderboard.
- Play As or Against Your Favorite Professional: There are 23 players in all on the EA roster, including a mix of men, women, legends, and current stars. Players like Andy Murray, Martina Navratilova, Pete Sampras, Boris Becker, Maria Sharapova, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, and Serena Williams are also present.
- Practice makes perfect, right? At every location, hone your abilities on the practice courts. Utilize the instructional pop-ups to sharpen your skills and defeat the pros!
- Paul van Dyk, a well-known DJ and producer of electronic dance music, created the song.