|Inc. , Ubisoft
|Ubisoft Montpellier SAS, Ubisoft Paris Studios SARL, Ubisoft SARL
|November 15, 2011
Michel Ancel, the acclaimed creator of Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil, and the Raving Rabbids, returns to his roots to bring us Rayman Origins: a 2D side-scrolling, repetitive gameplay adventure that supports full 4-player co-op play!
- It’s been 15 years since the first launch of Rayman, and now he’s back with a venerable return to the platforming genre. In Rayman Origins, many of the game’s iconic characters have been reimagined in their 2D iterations, while the game also has an entirely new cast of characters and a fresh set of locales. Find out where Rayman comes from by gathering artifacts from the history of the Glade and piecing them together to learn the untold narrative of Rayman’s beginnings.
- Jump-In/Jump-Out Support for Four Players, Co-op Mode The gameplay consists of either playing as Rayman in the single-player campaign or having up to three pals join in at any point to play as Globox or one of the two Teensies. Players are free to exit the game at any moment without influencing the overall progression of the experience.
- An Innovative Approach to 2D Art: A Vibrant World Containing Over One Hundred Characters and Twelve Distinct Environments Developed by Some of the Video Game Industry’s Most Reputable Animators and Artists This innovative approach to designing in 2D will re-capture the hearts of platformer lovers and expose a new generation to one of the most well-liked characters in the business in his original 2D form.
- An Enormous Playground: Rayman Origins features over 60 levels of 2D platforming action that cater to players of all ages and playing types. Unlock new skills as you continue through the game, and visit previously completed levels to find fresh routes and hidden areas.
- A Wide Range of Gameplay Elements Despite Its Platformer Roots, Rayman Origins Borrows Elements From Almost Every Other Type of Video Game. As the story unfolds, Rayman, Globox, and the Teensies will learn new skills along the way, such as how to swim, dive, and use the incredible “HairlyCopter.” The gameplay also includes a significant amount of elements from the genres of action, adventure, and beat ’em up.
- Battles with Epic Bosses: A gigantic pink monster with hundreds of eyes… A golem composed of mountains that is possessed… An nasty daisy-cum-carnivorous plant… The player’s skills will be put to the test in Rayman Origins with these and many other difficult boss battles!
- Rayman Origins was developed by the UBIart team in Montpellier, and it is built on an open-source game engine called the UBIartFramework. This engine was designed by Michel Ancel to enable much lesser clubs of artists and programmers to produce exceptionally high graphics and game mechanics in a quick and efficient manner. The use of a garage-game mentality has resulted in significant leaps forward in terms of creativity and innovation.